ACG: Fast Movers edition

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Onebad

ACG: Fast Movers edition

Post by Onebad » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi, it's ya boy.

With the recent surge in DCS's popularity amongst some ACG members, I started thinking about organizing some in-house ACG events with modern jets as it's primary focus. I had a short talk with IronJockel who used to host our Cold War and WW2 server, and he voiced interest in helping with the technical side of things. The entire project lies entirely within my head right now, but I'm looking to get into it properly after the pre-christmas madness is over, and we get some more time on our hands.

So, what would that be about? I was thinking about a mixed PvP/E enviroment, with missions semi-based on historical events such as the Balkans conflict (think "Bandit Radio") or Gulf War scenarios later on. I am assuming that most of us would be interested in flying BLUEFOR aircraft, but I'm sure we'd find some REDFOR volunteers that would be able to put up a good fight together with some AI and SAM sites to help them out. Think some FA/18s flying CAP and CAS, Harriers on SEAD missions, high flying Baguettes M2000Cs and some pencils, Flankers and Fulcrums to try and ruin their day.
Those missions would focus not only on combat purely, but we'd also aim to recreate the realities of being a fighter pilot, that is various types of tasks, operations, communications and so on.

If that's sounds like something you'd be interested in, here are some requirements:

- you need to have DCS Open Beta , as well as some Cold War or later aircraft

- you need to be at least proficient in that particular aircraft, that means A2A refueling, weapons delivery, operating sensors and so on. I don't care if you're an ace or a nugget, but you need to be able to operate your plane.

-I don't know on which day of the week we'd do that yet, but you obviosly have to get some spare time to participate. Those missions might take a while, possibly longer than a standard campaign mission considering how modern aircraft can refuel mid air and fly really long distances.

That's about it.

Now, if you're interested, and you meet the requirements please, let me know below what DCS modules do you own, and which ones you would be most interested in taking out for a spin in such an enviroment. Even if I talked to you on Teamspeak about it, state it here because I might not remember what everyone has.

Also, this is only a "waters checking" thread, I'll start working on making it happen possibly during or after Christmas.

Regards, ya boy.

LuftAsher

Re: ACG: Fast Movers edition

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm interested. In terms of modern shit, I have the Harrier and Flaming Cliffs.

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Sign me the fuck up.

F/A-18 is my preferred steed but can fly FC3 aircraft to some degree of competence...
(Also have the A-10C and Harrier but would need to learn these thoroughly)
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:26 pm

All for it, F/A-18 Hornet only though.

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Count me in. Proficient in Baguettery and expect to be getting and learning the Hornet around Christmas.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Interested in this, love DCS but can never find anything to do with all my modules so this sounds promising

Modules I own that would probably be relevent to this

FC3
F-5
Mig21
Viggen
L-39
Hawk
M2k
A10C
Huey
Harrier

And also very tempted to buy the Harrier in the current sale - any thoughts on this? is it a good module?

Fairly open minded as to what I fly, I don't have a particular stand out favourite

Digby

Post by Digby » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Look forward to winging up with the boys in my F/A-18. :salute:

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 am

Yeah boy Hornet/A10 all day.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:03 am

Boyezee wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 pm

And also very tempted to buy the Harrier in the current sale - any thoughts on this? is it a good module?

Fairly open minded as to what I fly, I don't have a particular stand out favourite
The Harrier is really neat, the VTOL stuff is a whole different kettle of fish. If you can afford it, I'd say it's worth the buy.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:04 am

Most interested in the hornet but could also do A10c or viggen. With the other aircraft I'd need some time to get back into :joyman:
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong