Team Fusion needs you to help develop IL2 - apply within

All information about our Campaign and the Joining Process can be found here.

Moderator: Board of Directors

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Team Fusion needs you to help develop IL2 - apply within

Post by Dickie » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 pm

JOIN TEAM FUSION

###########################################################################################################
Modellers
###########################################################################################################

(Mystic Puma)
Hi everyone. As Team Fusion steadily gets moving on our next update we would really appreciate those of you with some skill in the following areas, who feel you could be part of Team Fusion, if you would consider offering your services as part of next and future updates.

As you may be aware Team Fusion's next update will be a completely new Theatre and we are already hard at work creating new aircraft and variants of existing aircraft. However, we really want to build some cockpits for existing and future aircraft and this, for our small team, is a huge undertaking. Not only is this required but also our modellers are building ship variants, new buildings and other environmental features which is incredibly time consuming. So Team Fusion are currently recruiting 3D modellers who can help to ease the workload for our Team by undertaking some of these tasks. Whether you are able to model buildings, vehicles, artillery, tanks, small static objects, aircraft, shipping, cockpits, dials.....all of this is of use to our team of enthusiasts. If you have some skill and ability using primarily 3D Studio Max (but Blender, Cinema 4D, Lighwave, etc, etc should give you fundamentals) then please get in touch and offer your services.

We are already able to import and export models as can be seen here and this knowledge can be shared if you are accepted into Team Fusion

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... 1401446634

Team Fusion is built from a group of small dedicated aviation Simulation enthusiasts who really do want to make the best flight sim available, for free, to the community using the superb Cliffs of Dover engine, which after months of work by Team Fusion is now well on the way to being the Flight Sim everyone expected it to be on release.

So, Team Fusion is on the lookout for talent in our community. All Team Fusion members are made up of Flight Sim enthusiasts just like you. We do this as a hobby, as a passion and we do it to offer back and give something to those who don't have this ability but really want the very best flight sim available.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... hp?t=11129

Coders

Bit of a different update but it's the best way for us to attract new blood into Team Fusion, so here goes (and info. regarding a livestream at the bottom of the message too :) ).

Over the past few years we have made considerable inroads in our understanding of the game files, but we are a small team and to make timely progress on our Mods for Cliffs of Dover, and particularly so as to speed up releases we really could do with expanding our team.

1. Coders: We need C# coders. People who are proficient in C# & who can take already known information & write the software utilities needed to perform the many & various file manipulations required to progress quickly. Manipulating the game files using a software interface for ease of further development.

2. External model and Cockpit model enablers - Creating new aircraft for CoD is not just a matter of building 3D models, these files require both writing and linking C# and text files with the 3D files to bring them into the game. Our existing members have already determined methods and means for this work. What we need now are more people who can write the C# files which are crucial. This person does not need to be a 3D artist, and would not be actually building any 3D objects, but they should be competent in opening, viewing and understanding 3D files using the relevant software, while communicating with the original 3D artist. Getting a new cockpit/external in-game requires the coordinated work of both a coder person & the artist, both needing to be competent in 3D Max, and one competent in writing C# files.

-------------------------

As you know from the outset, we are all just volunteers spending ridiculous amounts of our spare time to try and create reams of free content for the wider flight-sim community to enjoy.

The above work is to be honest, going to be challenging but ultimately a huge amount of people will be grateful for your dedication and input.

In addition, I'd ask for people who have time to dedicate & who will follow through on the work needed. The work is time-consuming & tedious & we don't want anyone who's cannot commit to it. We appreciate everyone has real lives (honestly some of us already in Team Fusion heard rumour we had them too!) but as we push for the release of v5.00 this-year we need the help of our community to progress at a greater pace and also move on the process after v5.00 is released towards v6.00 (and onwards).

Please understand you wont be just dropped in at the deep-end, we already have members who are very skilled and knowledgeable in what we are requesting....but they only have so much spare time in which to devote to the mod work and so under their guidance and instruction we'll teach you the necessary methodology to work through the development process.

If you have a selection of the following;

Enthusiasm, an analytical mind, persistence, programming skills, computer & software literacy and one or both of the assets listed in section 1 and 2 above, please get in touch by email to:

teamfusion2013@hotmail.com

Thanks for any help you can offer....but please, this could involve spending hours of your free time each week digging deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole that we call Cliffs of Dover. If you don't think you can realistically invest free time into the project, please understand we appreciate your interest, but Team Fusion exists currently for 'those that do' rather than 'those that view'.

~S~

Mauf

Re: Team Fusion needs 3D modellers - apply within

Post by Mauf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:26 pm

I guess the lack of 3DStudio might keep alot of people from persuing such an opportunity:P

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:46 pm

You can use Blender, its free.
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Yes, Blender is totally free and has loads of support. Would be good to see an ACG contribution :)

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Problem is you can't export a workable model from Blender for the game (AFAIK). You'd need 3Dstudio and the plugins for it to make it happen (the reason I guess why MP is asking for people experienced with 3DS). This of course means that either you have a piece of software that goes into the several thousands (means you work in the industry) or you have it "inofficially" and you don't want "inofficial" modelling jobs. That might get hairy down the line:P

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Who cares? You make the thing in Blender and pass it on. It's those guys who import it. Besides, I think Bunny uses 3DS or whatever at work so you could always ask him nicely ;)

I'd like to see his destroyer model finished tbh

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:17 am

Heh - nope, unfortunately I use LightWave, so I'd be in the same boat as the rest. Saying that though, any polygonal modeller (Blender included) should do the job, the brunt of the work is modelling, the importing via 3D Studio Max should be a relatively minor, but tedious, job for some chap.

I would also love to see the destroyer finished, but I think it would be better doing it through TF as no doubt they might have strict guidelines to follow, especially when it comes to texturing. Unfortunately for me it's a busman's holiday, and whilst not one I would hate to do, work is just so ridiculously busy with the recession seemingly coming to a brief end (I'm talking 14 straight days here with finishes between 12am and 4am) and work booked in up to Christmas, that the thought of anything else PC related makes me cry. I swear I can feel my arteries clogging up through inaction! Funnily enough, I'm about to pop up to the studio to check a radiosity cache I've left baking for 7 hours, and hoping the bloody thing doesn't crash again! If it's good, then I'm back up there uploading a test animation scene to a render farm, so another late one.

Not complaining, I just share your sentiment Osprey. I'm hoping I get some down time, and then ask TF for some simple non mission-critical stuff, so they won't be disappointed if I don't finish them on time!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:49 am

Totally understandable Bunny. May I suggest you pass your work on? Can it be converted to be used in Blender and then handed to someone like Spiritus Mortum to pick up - he'll either do it or find someone who will. I bet he'd be excited to continue such a piece a art tbh.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:41 pm

I would happily pass it on if someone wanted to use what I have so far! Anything to get stuff in the game!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:54 pm

With hours like those Bunny I'm guessing you work for yourself - and as such the European Working Time Directive doesn't apply?

Unfortuantely for me, the WTD does apply - and although I'm at the absolute limit for the rolling 17 week period, there is still a lot of pressure to deliver across a range of projects. Almost like a Dilbert strip, the management position is to "work smarter". Simple really. ;)